At Le Eye Institute we believe that excellent surgical results depend on individual patient care. Throughout history, we have always recognized each patient has unique visual needs. Treatment recommendations for vision correction procedures are based on a thorough clinical assessment and careful consideration of your personal goals.
While a vast majority of our patients do not require additional treatment after their initial refractive procedure, an enhancement may be recommended due to each individual’s prescription power and unique anatomy. The enhancement will be done at no charge to you for up to one year following the initial procedure when indicated and the following criteria are met.
Our goal is to help you achieve a life free from the dependence of eyeglasses or contacts. It should be noted, however, that all patients eventually require the need for glasses as part of the unrelated and natural aging process of the eye.
Le Eye Institute wants to help you achieve a lifetime of quality vision and maintain excellent ocular health. The following policies and requirements are in place so that neither of these are compromised.
- A stable cornea as indicated by both refraction and topography.
- Adequate corneal thickness.
- A dilated eye exam within 6 months of refinement. There will be a charge for this visit 12 months or later from the initial procedure.
- Must be in good general health and have no other medical conditions that may be contradiction.
- Changes in vision due to ocular health or systemic disease unrelated to previous LASIK do not qualify for a no charge LASIK enhancement.
- ALL RECOMMENDED POST-OPERATIVE APPOINTMENTS MUST BE KEPT IN ACCORDANCE WITH OUR PHYSICIAN’S RECOMMENDATION.
Any required enhancements performed within 1 year of the original surgery will be at no charge if the patient has completed his/her post-operative follow-up schedule (1 day, 1 week, 1 month, 3 months, 6 months).
This does not include routine eye examination and testing; such exams will be paid for by the patient. Please remember the importance of a routine eye exam to check not only your vision, but the health of your eyes.